Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: TwoNav Aventura by CompeGPS

Blog Entries
    If you look at the formats that can be utilised the diversity of compatible maps is massive. The higher the scale (1:25k) the better the 3D but the Aventura comes with at best 1:250k at the moment. Look for ECW maps such as Hema, Explorer, Rooftop etc etc and see what has good scale and that will give you better 3D+
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

2. Sirf3

Is it running the SIRF3 chip set - I thought that was outdated!

Blog Entries
    No, the SiRF Star 3 is still current. The SiRF Star IV GPS engine is not yet available to the mass market, not until the first quarter of 2010.. Don't get confused with SiRF Atlas IV which is a multi-purpose processor.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

4. Broken Link

Hi Niko, the link shown in your first post re TwoNav appears to be broken.
    "Many of you are aware of a GPS that I have been giving little snippets of info on over several months now. CompeGPS have added more info on their product. Click here to read up on it"

Can you please post an updated link?

Blog Entries
    I clicked on it with no problems, goes to the forum blog. Maybe have a read at www.twonav.com.au
    www.gpsaustralia.net

6. Thx Nicko

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko
    I clicked on it with no problems, goes to the forum blog. Maybe have a read at www.twonav.com.au
    Must be mu sucky version IE; worked fine today!

7. Is twoNav the one ?

Hi
    I'm new to all this - just signed up to GPSAus. I'm keen to get a gps system for my dirt bike. Seems that the twoNav looks the goods. I ride mainly nsw- southern highlands, south coast, hunter valley.
    Should I pick upmone of these ?
    Are they only as good as the loaded maps ?
    Will they track me anywhere so that I can find my way home ?
    Where do I buy one ?
    Thanks

Louie
    Last edited by loiue; 19th May 2011 at 04:18 PM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415